Saturday 28 April 2012

love breakfast


"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"

It is also my favourite meal of the day! Love breakfast. There is something truly exciting about waking up to break-the-fast! For me it is also a necessity, as I really cannot function without food in my tummy. Especially in the morning.

Most mornings I have cereal, some kind of homemade combo of puffed rice, millett, corn flakes, shredded coconut, LSA, chia seeds with rice milk and some blueberries on top. But I've been switching things up a bit lately.

The 'cold morning' foods have hit the supermarket - two of which I love - crumpets and porridge. I've been trying out Quinoa flakes and making myself porridge. It's the perfect comfort food - warming, milky and sweet (with stevia or honey added).

It's hard to beat a hot crunchy crumpet topped with honey or vegemite - (or maybe one of each!) I really want to try and make my own one day. I have this Bill Granger book and having been meaning to make this recipe for crumpets and blackberry butter, it looks delicious.

I've also been loving toast with almond spread, I'm currently coveting this almond and chia spread. I sprinkle the top with a bit of cinnamon and it's delish!

Weekends are all about going out for breakfast, the cafes around my 'hood are spilling over with people tucking into eggs & bacon and getting their morning caffine hit. Some of my local favourites include Luigi's and Harry's - both offer delicious breakfast options and excellent coffee.

~ love to try (these are on my To Do list)
Cafe Zohara
The Favourite Child

~ love coffee (probably worth it's own post)
HTB prefers Harry's or Organic Republic
I also like Gusto, Earth Food Store and new discovery Bru Coffee 

~ love something sweet
Roy's do the most amazing mixed berry muffins, the texture is dense but moist and the top is crunchy! Sooooo good.
HTB loves the Pain au chocolat from Organic Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment